Party Enrolled In: Democratic
Current Occupation: A full-time candidate who continues to serve as Pastor of Bensonhurst's Iglesia Jovenes Cristianos Church.
Previous Occupation(s): Erick started a bookstore & grew it into a 4 borough chain. He also founded a radio network & was president of Radio Cantico Nuevo, Inc. until last Dec. Erick has devoted thousands of hours over the last 24 years to working with the people living in NYC's diverse communities.
Education: Erick holds a Doctorate in Theological Studies from UTI University.
Organizational Affiliations: n/a
Prior Public Experience: n/a
1. What is the most important issue in the city you would address if elected?
I will restore the ranks of the Police Dept. to those of Mayor Giuliani's administration, eliminate quotas & implement additional sensitivity training for all officers. I will continue the Dept.'s initiatives to combat terrorism.
2. What other important issues would you address if elected?
1. New Yorkers need jobs that pay a livable wage. I'll remove bureaucratic obstacles that prevent many businesses from thriving, eliminate out of date regulations, put as much of the permitting process as possible online, provide tax incentives to encourage the creation of new jobs, make NY businesses a priority in the City's Request For Proposals process & use tax incentives to entice additional businesses to NYC. 2. The Department of Education must meet the students' needs immediately. I'll increase parental involvement, including a grade from parents on teachers' evaluations. I'll also conduct a system-wide audit to determine which programs are successful & disseminate that info to teachers & principals. I'll work to reestablish elected community school boards throughout NYC.
3. What makes you the best candidate for this office?
I'm the only candidate who'll represent all of NYC's different ethnic & religious communities & will not dictate how they should live their lives. I'm also the only candidate who holds traditional family values dear & who will fight for the best education for our young people even if it means taking on the teachers' union.
Reprinted as supplied by the candidate. Participating in the Campaign Finance Program.
This Guide lists all candidates who appear to be on the ballot for the general election based on the latest information obtained from the New York City Board of Elections, even if a candidate did not submit a profile or record a video for the Guide. Profiles and video scripts were submitted to the CFB by the candidates and are reprinted as supplied, except in the case of egregious errors and minor formatting issues, which may be corrected by the CFB. Videos appearing in this Guide were recorded and approved for broadcast by the candidates. All the candidates have affirmed under penalty of perjury that the information in their profiles and videos is true to the best of their knowledge. Website and social media links were supplied by the candidates. The CFB is not responsible for non-working links, although it does correct or remove them to the extent practicable. The CFB removes links that are not campaign-related.
The views expressed in the candidate profiles, videos, and linked materials do not represent those of the New York City Campaign Finance Board.
- AT = Affordable Tmrw
- CS = Common Sense
- C = Conservative
- D = Democratic
- FE = Flourish
- F = Freedom
- G = Green
- I = Independence
- JE = Jobs & Education
- LBT = Libertarian
- REF = Reform
- RTH = Rent is 2 Damn High
- R = Republican
- SC = School Choice
- SW = Socialist Worker
- SF = Students First
- TWS = Tax Wall Street
- T2H = Taxes 2 High
- WV = War Veterans
- WF = Working Families