The Campaign Finance Board is a nonpartisan, independent city agency that enhances the role of New York City residents in elections. The CFB's mission is to increase voter participation and awareness, provide campaign finance information to the public, enable more citizens to run for office, strengthen the role of small contributors, and reduce the potential for actual or perceived corruption.
The CFB's NYC Votes campaign promotes voter registration, voting, and civic engagement through community outreach and partnerships with public and private organizations. For information on programs and events for potential voters, call 212-306-7100.
The CFB enforces the Campaign Finance Act, which sets limits and restrictions on campaign contributions to candidates for local office. Candidates are required to disclose exactly where their contributions come from and how the money is spent. The CFB also collects and discloses information about independent expenditures in local elections. The CFB makes this information public on its website. Candidates must also abide by "Doing Business" restrictions aimed at reducing the perception of "pay-to-play" in local government. Candidates have the option of joining the voluntary Campaign Finance Program, which provides public matching funds to qualified candidates who agree to abide by strictly enforced spending limits. The public matching funds program allows candidates with sufficient public support to run competitive campaigns without seeking out large campaign contributions or relying on personal wealth.
If you are interested in running for city office, or in learning more about how the CFB helps make NYC elections in New York more open and democratic, please contact the CFB at 40 Rector Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10006. You can also email us at email@example.com.
New York City Campaign Finance Board
- Joseph P. Parkes, S. J. | Chairman
- Art Chang | Board Member
- Richard J. Davis | Board Member
- Courtney C. Hall | Board Member
- Mark S. Piazza | Board Member
- Amy M. Loprest | Executive Director
- Elizabeth Bauer | Chief of Administrative Services
- Daniel Cho | Director of Candidate Services
- Onida Coward Mayers | Director of Voter Assistance
- Sue Ellen Dodell | General Counsel
- Eric Friedman | Director of External Affairs
- Peri Horowitz | Director of Campaign Finance Administration
- Jonnathon Kline | Director of Auditing & Accounting
- Kenneth O'Brien | Director of Systems Administration
- Jesse Schaffer | Director of Special Compliance
- Elizabeth A. Upp | Director of Communications
- Peggy A. Willens | Director of Management Analysis & Records Administration
The print and online Voter Guides were prepared by the Communications Unit of the Campaign Finance Board —Jing Cao, Crystal Choy, Winnie Ng, Karina Schroeder, and Elizabeth A. Upp — with the assistance of Hannah Egerton, Anne Guo, Katharine G. Loving, Maran-Atha Taylor, and Simon C. Wu.
Audio Guide Credits: Peri Horowitz, Katharine Loving, Giovanni Mejia, Kevin Ramnaraine, Karina Schroeder, Peggy A. Willens, Danica You.
Video Voter Guide Credits: Stewart Armstrong, Onida Coward Mayers, Dru Gibson, Sabrina Juarez, Giovanni Mejia, Chyann Sapp, Bonny Tsang, Lauren Vincent.