Registered Nurse, Cardiothoracic Operating Room
Registered Nurse, Post Anesthesia Care Unit
Registered Nurse, Radiation Oncology
AAS in Nursing with Honors, 1983
The College of Staten Island, CUNY
CNOR Certification in Operating Room Nursing
- Treasurer, New York State Nurses Association
- Executive Committee, Member at Large, Staten Island Democratic Association
- Staten Island Women’s Political Caucus
- Peace Action Staten Island
- Staten Island Women Who March
- Staten Island For Change
- New York State Women Inc. - Staten Island Chapter
- Staten Island Sisterhood of Women’s Organizations
- Staten Island Mental Health Council
Prior Public Experience
Staten Island Performing Provider System- Clinical Committee, Workforce Committee
Staten Island Interfaith and Community Long Term Recovery Organization (Hurricane Sandy) - Chairperson, Health, Mental Health and Spiritual Care Committee
I’m an RN for over 30 years specializing in Open Heart Surgery and serve over 40,000 members as Treasurer of my Union- the New York State Nurses Association. I’ve been your neighbor in the North Shore for over 50 years.
As a union leader, I’ve advocated for workers and the communities they serve at the bargaining table, and in the halls of the legislature.
As an activist, I’ve been organizing around issues and volunteering in our community for many years- not for recognition, but because it's the right thing to do.
As a working mom and Staten Islander, I understand the challenges that come with raising a family in one of the most expensive cities in the country.
I’m an experienced, proven leader, with a record of integrity, and demonstrated commitment to listening and fighting for our community. I will work hard to achieve a healthier North Shore for all!