CFB Career Opportunities
Career opportunities currently available at the NYC Campaign Finance Board are described in detail below. New York City residency is required for most positions. Full-time positions offer a competitive benefits package and salary commensurate with experience.
If you would like to be considered for one of these opportunities, please email, fax, or mail your resume and cover letter, including current salary and salary requirements, to:
Ms. Elizabeth Bauer
NYC Campaign Finance Board
40 Rector Street, 7th Floor
New York, New York 10006
The CFB is an equal opportunity employer firmly committed to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Manager of Software Development
The NYC Campaign Finance Board (CFB), a nonpartisan, independent agency that enhances the role of New York City residents in elections, seeks an Auditor for its Auditing and Accounting Unit. We offer a dynamic work environment, training, growth potential, and excellent benefits.
- Analyze financial records and disclosure statements for financial, compliance and investigative audits of political campaigns
- Perform audits in accordance with Generally Accepted (Government) Auditing Standards and following internally developed specialized programs
- Manage assigned audit caseload in team structure
- Provide assistance in planning activities of the audit team during the post-election period and coordinating the team’s activities with other CFB Units
- Prepare written reports and correspondence that are clear, concise, accurate and timely
- Communicate with campaigns in a professional manner and assist in providing guidance to campaigns on various audit and compliance issues
- The ideal candidate will be a team player capable of meeting tight deadlines and possessing strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- A strong work ethic and meticulous attention to detail
- Background or interest in politics and government
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and three years of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial administration, accounting, compliance or investigative auditing, fraud reviews, working with a large public or private concern in budget administration, economics, finance, fiscal or economic research, fiscal management, personnel or public administration, program evaluation; or a related area; OR a satisfactory combination of education and experience in the areas described above
- New York City residency must be obtained within 90 days of starting the position
- Previous experience in performing audits in accordance with Generally Accepted (Government) Auditing Standards strongly preferred
- A master’s degree is not required but will be a plus
back to top
Manager of Software Development
The New York City Campaign Finance Board seeks an experienced Manager of Software Development. We offer a dynamic work environment, training, growth potential, and excellent benefits.
- Strong demonstrable experience in systems architecture and N-tier application development using enterprise class frameworks including .Net for rapid prototyping and enterprise applications, including experience developing in multiple languages and frameworks including C#, .Net, and ASP
- Expert level experience in relational database design and development including MS SQL Server
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle Methodology (SDLC) and Agile information systems development
- Experience reverse engineering legacy monolithic client-server applications and reengineering and rewriting in segments in a loosely coupled service oriented architecture
- Proven experience directing and managing developers, analysts and quality assurance staff
- Outstanding communication skills
- Sybase PowerBuilder experience a plus
- Sets and enforces process and tools for source code tracking, bug and feature tracking, SDLC methodology and feature backlog management
- Fluidly covers both strategic planning and hands on development for complex builds
- Contributes to technology group's technical strategy and budget
- Provides team mentorship and development
- Defines, prioritizes, and drives consensus on functional and technical requirements
- Directs development of technical documentation including data schemas, system architecture diagrams, technical specifications, etc
- Takes ownership and quality assurance responsibility for projects
back to top
The NYC Campaign Finance Board (CFB), a nonpartisan, independent city agency that enhances the role of New York City residents in elections, seeks an experienced audit manager to serve as a Senior Auditor in its Auditing and Accounting Unit. The Unitís core function is to perform detailed, timely audits of campaignsí financial disclosure statements and supporting documentation in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS). We offer a dynamic work environment, training, and excellent benefits.
- Supervise, train, and evaluate auditors in performing audit work.
- Perform complex financial, compliance and investigative audits of political campaigns.
- Coordinate team assignments for auditors.
- Review the work performed by auditors; approve work papers, audit findings and audit reports.
- Communicate with management and other CFB units on various audit and compliance issues.
- Assist other CFB units in compliance, investigation and enforcement actions.
- The ideal candidate will be a team player capable of managing a team and meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication (both verbal and written), and organizational skills.
- A strong work ethic and meticulous attention to detail.
- Background or interest in politics and government.
- A masterís degree or pursuing a graduate degree from an accredited college and at least three years of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial administration, accounting, compliance or investigative auditing, fraud reviews, forensic accounting, budget administration, economics, finance, fiscal or economic research, fiscal management, personnel or public administration, program evaluation; or a related area; OR a satisfactory combination of education and experience in the areas described above.
- New York City residency must be obtained within 90 days of starting the position.
- Previous experience in performing audits in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards.
- Previous supervisory experience strongly preferred.
back to top
The New York City Campaign Finance Board seeks an experienced Systems Analyst. We offer a dynamic work environment, training and growth potential, and excellent benefits. Applicants must possess a B.S. or B.A. in computer science, management information systems, or a related discipline.
- Identifying, documenting, and assessing end-user requirements
- Translating user requirements into functional specifications
- Designing applications to meet functional specifications
- Monitoring the development process to assure compliance with system design
- Testing applications to ensure that each application's specifications, fixes and enhancements are correctly implemented
- Overseeing the development of a comprehensive systems test plan
- Overseeing the UAT process
- Writing user manuals and training users on new/enhanced systems
- 1 to 3 years experience as a Systems Analyst with similar responsibilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to coordinate cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, Windows XP and Windows 7
- Proven ability to meet strict deadlines and work well under pressure
- Knowledge of T-SQL is a plus
- Programming experience is a plus
back to top