- You registered to vote in New York City by the deadline. (To vote in a primary election, you must be enrolled in a political party that is holding a primary election by the applicable deadline in order to vote.)
- You are inside your polling place no later than 9:00 p.m. on Election Day.
In any election, you have a right to:
- Be assisted by any person of your choice (except your employer or union representative), including a trained poll worker, if you need help to vote. If you need an interpreter, BOE interpreters are available to assist voters at selected sites. Call the voter hotline for more information, including which polling sites have interpreters available and for which languages.
- Ask election workers how to vote.
- Bring materials with you, including the Voter Guide. (Please take these materials away with you when you finish voting.)
- Vote even if the scanner is broken.
- Vote by “affidavit ballot” if your name is missing
from the list of voters at your polling site.